Friday, September 19, 2008

Well now what?

So it is official, the Greens have said that their plan is to get Canada "out of Afghanistan by next year and shift from the NATO mission to one led by the United Nations." I don't like that plan so much.  I think i am going to base my vote on the humanitarian disaster that could follow such a quick withdrawl.  I can't seem to find any elaboration on how long the shift would take, who is going to oversee it, and how the new UN troops will interact with the old NATO troops who are still on the ground. Details people!

And the Liberals always wanted out by 2011.

With the Greens and Libs out of the running I came the closest i've ever been to wondering just a teensie bit if maybe there wasn't a shred of ok-ness in the Conservative policies.  Someone must have slipped something in my matooke today.  And alot of it.  

Then to further remind me how silly I was acting, Harper starts flip-flopping all over the place on Afghanistan:

"After refusing to set a clear exit deadline for more than two years while in government, Prime Minister Stephen Harper adopted Liberal Leader Stéphane Dion’s position today and announced a firm deadline of 2011 to bring Canadian troops home from Afghanistan."


No comments: